Palliative Care WA works collaboratively with service providers, health professionals and clinicians, researchers, educators, consumers, carers, students, volunteers and community members to achieve our objectives.
Individual membership costs $100 (incl-GST) and is available to any person over the age of 18 years. A concession rate of $50 (incl-GST) is available for concession-card holders, volunteers and full-time students. Membership runs from 1 July – 30 June.
Please note that individual membership is not transferable, nor is it linked to organisational membership.
As a PCWA individual member, you will receive:
- regular e-newsletter informing of developments across the health, aged and community service sectors as well as events and publications of interest.
- networking opportunities at PCWA events.
- access to PCWA Quarterly Palliative Care Forums at no charge.
- access to the Emerging Leaders Network (see below)
- opportunities to submit content for consideration in PCWA publications, website and social media postings.
- opportunities to speak at PCWA events and join sector-wide working groups, committees and other collaborations.
- access to resources and news updates from Palliative Care Australia and other allied organisations.
Palliative Care WA Emerging Leaders Network
This Network was launched at the Awards Dinner in May 2019 and has been established as a sub-group of individual members of PCWA. The aim of the network is to develop a peer platform to facilitate career development and inter-disciplinary collaboration for the next generation of palliative care practitioners and future leaders emerging from the health, aged and disability sectors. It is designed to support professionals entering the palliative care space for those who have been working no more than 10 years.
The Network will be peer-led and meet periodically to facilitate opportunities for networking, information sharing and professional development including mentorship.
To become part of this Network, simply join PCWA as an individual member and check the box to join the Emerging Leaders Network.