Palliative Care WA is the peak body for the palliative care sector across the State. Our Vision is ‘Quality palliative care for all’.
A member-based, not-for-profit organisation, our Mission is to work for the community and with the palliative care, aged care and community services sectors to ensure access to quality palliative care services for all Western Australians.
Our work is guided by a set of key set of values:
- Respect for each other, carers, families, community and the environment
- Empathy for the challenges faced by people with chronic disease and life-limiting illness
- Recognising and valuing diversity and inclusion in our community
- Systemic advocacy for people managing ill-health and the carers, families and friends who support them
- Creation of a compassionate community that nurtures connection and values belonging.
Our Strategic Plan 2020-2023 guides the direction and focus of the organisation and provides a road map for achieving our vision of quality palliative care for all Western Australians.
We do this by:
- Engaging and empowering community
- Supporting people needing palliative care, their carers, families and friends
- Advocating and collaborating with the palliative and aged care sectors
- Maintaining a sustainable peak body.
Our work in the community
Within the WA community we raise awareness and provide information and support on three main areas:
- advance care planning – discussing and documenting your future health care wishes,
- palliative care – an approach to care that supports people living with a terminal illness or condition, and
- dying, grief and loss.
Our community education activities include:
- developing resources
- providing an advance care planning support service
- presenting advance care planning workshops
- presenting palliative care workshops
- conducting awareness raising campaigns
- providing the Palliative Care Helpline service to offer support, resources and understanding
- presenting in-person and online community forums.
When planning and developing our events, resources and activities we prioritise equity and inclusion by recognising and responding to the specific needs of different communities and groups in WA.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not directly provide palliative care services, nor do we organise access to those services. Anyone seeking palliative care services in WA can view their options via the service directory search function located on all pages of this website.
Get the latest updates from Palliative Care WALearn more
Palliative Care WA is a member-based, not-for-profit organisation governed by a voluntary Board of Management according to the PCWA Constitution.Learn more
Meet CEO Lenka Psar-McCabe and the teamLearn more
Partners and supporters
Palliative Care WA does not receive recurrent funding from Government but we do receive project and activity grants from the End of Life Care…Learn more
Support our work
How your donation will make a difference With your support, we’re able to continue working to ensure that all Western Australians understand, and…Learn more