Winners of Palliative Care in WA Awards announced at gala dinner
The Palliative Care sector came together last night to celebrate the winners of the Palliative Care in WA Awards 2023 sponsored by Silverchain.
The judging panel commended the high-quality of nominations in every category which created quite a challenge for them. All the nominations highlighted the professionalism, dedication, innovation and teamwork shown everyday by those in the palliative, aged care and community service sectors who care for and support Western Australians at end-of-life.
Outstanding Palliative Care Professional – sponsored by Paywise
Penny Tuffin, Senior Pharmacist Palliative Care, WA Country Health Service and Fiona Stanley Hospital.
Outstanding Palliative Care Volunteer sponsored by St John of God Health Care
Irene Montefiore, volunteer, Great Southern Compassionate communities project and Albany’s Compassionate City Charter.
Outstanding Team Delivering Holistic Palliative Care sponsored by Carers WA
East Kimberley Palliative Care Team, WA Country Health Service
Outstanding Achievement in Palliative Care for Aboriginal Communities [individual, team or organisation] sponsored by Brightwater Care Group
Fitzroy Crossing Hospital, WA Country Health Service
Outstanding Local Government Authority Supporting a Compassionate Community Approach sponsored by Palliative and Supportive Care Education Cancer Council WA
Joint winners City of Kalamunda and City of Bunbury
Outstanding Organisation Delivering Holistic Palliative Care Award sponsored by Bethesda Health Care and winner of the Douglas MacAdam Perpetual Trophy for Excellence in Palliative Care
Lionheart Camp for Kids
Also announced at the Awards Gala Dinner were two recipients of Honorary Life Membership to Palliative Care WA. Congratulations go to:
- Dr Alice Phua, Palliative Medicine Physician
- Susie Vojkovic, Palliative Care Clinical Nurse Manager
who have both given outstanding service to the cause of palliative care in Western Australia.
Sponsors and supporters
Palliative Care WA would like to acknowledge and sincerely thank the following sponsors and supporters for their generosity.
- Outstanding Palliative Care Professional Award – Paywise
- Outstanding Palliative Care Volunteer Award – St John of God Health Care
- Outstanding Team Delivering Holistic Palliative Care Award – Carers WA
- Outstanding Achievement in Palliative Care for Aboriginal Communities – Brightwater Care Group
- Outstanding Local Government Authority Supporting a Compassionate Community Approach – Palliative and Supportive Care Education – Cancer Council WA
- Outstanding Organisation Delivering Holistic Palliative Care Award and winner of the Douglas MacAdam Perpetual Trophy for Excellence in Palliative Care – Bethesda Health Care
Winners receive a trophy, certificate and a monetary contribution towards professional development thanks to our very generous major sponsor Silverchain and our category sponsors Paywise, St John of God Health Care, Bethesda Health Care, Brightwater, Cancer Council WA Palliative and Supportive Care Education, and Carers WA. Melville Cares provided generous support towards the event dinner.