My Future Care – Advance Care Planning Online Community Workshop – Safe Space
October 4 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
We all want to have a say in what happens in the last part of our lives. By making plans that cover our care, lifestyle, health and finances, we work out what we want, as well as making things easier on those around us. This process is called Advance Care Planning.
This online workshop will cover information on what is involved in Advance Care Planning, how to get started, and how to talk with your loved ones about your end-of-life wishes. It is a practical and interactive workshop where you will have the chance to get your questions answered.
Who is this for?
This is one of our ‘safe space’ workshops. It is only open to people with a chronic condition or terminal illness, as well as those who care for family or friends with a chronic condition or terminal illness.
While the core information on Advance Care Planning that is covered is the same as other workshops that we run, we recognise that some people will feel more comfortable sharing questions and concerns with those in similar circumstances … within a ‘safe space’.
We respectfully ask anyone who does not fit into this group, to not register for this workshop.
Thanks to funding from the WA Department of Health, our workshops are free for anyone living in Western Australia. There is a fee for community members from elsewhere in Australia. We are not able to offer these workshops to international participants.
- Registrations are essential and can be made on Eventbrite
- After you register, we will send you a resource pack that you need to participate in the workshop.
- If you register by Monday 25 September, we will post you the resource pack. If you live in regional or remote areas of WA we recommend you registering as soon as possible to give extra time for the resource pack to reach you. Anyone registering after then, will receive their pack via email or can access the pack online.
- Closer to the date we will email you the Zoom link to use to access the workshop.
What else do you need to know?
- This online workshop will be held using Zoom.
- We will provide some tips on participating in online workshops and on using Zoom.
- We recommend you use a desktop computer or tablet to get the most out of your workshop experience.
You are welcome to contact us at Palliative Care WA if you have any questions on 1300 551 704 or email@example.com.
Want to organise a workshop?
If you would like to organise a free Advance Care Planning or Palliative Care community workshop for your own community group, organisation or workplace please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.