Winners of Palliative Care in WA Awards
The winners were announced for the Palliative Care in WA Awards 2021 sponsored by Bethesda Health Care at a wonderful gala dinner held last night.
This year the focus and categories of the Palliative Care in WA Awards was broadened to reflect Compassionate Communities, an international movement where communities have an active role in supporting those experiencing death, dying, care giving, grief and loss.
The judging panel commended the high-quality of nominations in every category which created quite a challenge for them. They also commented on how joyful it was to read so many personal testimonials from people who had witnessed and received compassionate and holistic palliative care through the journey of losing a loved one.
These testimonials illustrate the professionalism, dedication, innovation and teamwork shown everyday by those in the palliative, aged care and community service sectors who care for and support Western Australians at end-of-life.
- Advanced Dementia Specialist Service Team, Silver Chain Group – Outstanding Metropolitan Team Delivering Holistic Palliative Care Award
- Geographe Bay Centre Team, Busselton Hospice Care – Outstanding Regional/Rural Team Delivering Holistic Palliative Care Award
- Dr Anna Petterson, volunteer with Lasting Words – Outstanding Palliative Care Volunteer Award
- Grace Buchanan, Manager Palliative and Supportive Care Education at Cancer Council WA – Outstanding Palliative Care Professional Award
- City of Albany – Outstanding Local Government Authority Supporting a Compassionate Community Approach
- Albany Community Hospice – Outstanding Organisation Delivering Holistic Palliative Care Award and winner of the Douglas MacAdam Perpetual Trophy for Excellence in Palliative Care
We also congratulate those who received a special mention from the Judging Panel.
- Karen Tierney, Ward Clerk at Kalamunda Palliative Care Unit – Special Mention in the Outstanding Palliative Care Professional Award
- Community Vision Aged Care Team – Special mention for innovation in the Outstanding Metropolitan Team Award
Also announced at the Awards Gala Dinner were two recipients of Honorary Life Membership to Palliative Care WA. Congratulations to Dr Kevin Yuen and Dr Scott Blackwell who have both rendered outstanding service to the cause of palliative care in Western Australia.
Sponsors and Supporters
Palliative Care WA would like to acknowledge and sincerely thank the following sponsors and supporters for their generosity.
- Bethesda Health Care
- Cancer Council WA and Palliative and Supportive Care Education
- St John of God Health Care
- Brightwater Care Group
- Silver Chain Group
- Community Vision
- WA Health
Comments are closed.