Annual Report Available
Thank you to all members, supporters and friends who attended both the 2021 Annual General Meeting and Sector Consultation held last night. We were delighted with the enthusiastic engagement in the consultation process and the feedback on our strategic direction.
At the AGM five new members to the Palliative Care WA Board were elected, four were re-elected and the positions of President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary remained unchanged. We warmly welcomed Colleen McLevie, Hannah Leslie, Karen Proctor, Karina Bowden and Dr Ruth Wei to the Palliative Care WA Board.
Board members for the coming year are:
- Dr Elissa Campbell, President
- Shannon Calvert, Vice-President
- Hiren Mehta, Treasurer
- Yasmin Naglazas, Secretary
- Margherita Nicoletti
- Paul Rogers
- Professor Samar Aoun
- Dr Simon Towler
- Colleen McLevie
- Hannah Leslie
- Karen Proctor
- Karina Bowden
- Dr Ruth Wei
Our President Dr Elissa Campbell thanked four outgoing Board members Associate Professor Moira O’Connor, Dr Desmond Williams, Zoe Clarke and Tish Morrison for their service and in particular acknowledged long serving members Moira and Desmond for their significant contribution to our organisation.
- Securing a service agreement with WA Department of Health to deliver a number of varied programs and projects
- Winning a competitive tender to provide the State-wide Palliative Care Helpline for community members
- Delivering Joining the Dots, an informative palliative care summit at Perth Stadium and attracting over 230 registrants from service providers and community
- Continued delivery of our highly successful Advance Care Planning community workshops as well as developing an online version
- Development of a new community resource for Advance Care Planning in collaboration with the ACP Consortium
- Establishing a highly engaged Compassionate Communities Network.
Comments are closed.