Seeking an Advance Care Planning Support Officer
Palliative Care WA has joined forces with Carers WA in developing a new service for the WA community which will offer one-to-one Advance Care Planning support.
Both organisations recognise the critical importance of undertaking Advance Care Planning early in life. By making plans that cover our future care, lifestyle, health and finances, we’re not only working out what we want, but also making things easier on those around us.
The 12 month pilot program for this service will work with families on an individual and personal basis, to assist them to progress their Advance Care Planning as well as identify and support carers to access services through Carer Gateway. This service can be offered within people’s homes or at the offices of PCWA or Carers WA. For carers and families in regional and rural locations, this service could be provided in person, online, or via other technology.
We are looking for someone to fill the part-time role of Advance Care Planning Support Officer. Key responsibilities include:
- Meeting with individuals and families to assist them in progressing Advance Care Planning
- Supporting carers to access services available through the federal Carer Gateway initiative, utilising a Carers StarTMneeds assessment tool to develop tailored action plans of supports and services.
- Facilitating monthly peer support workshops for carers, utilising Carer Gateway’s In-Person Peer Support framework (relevant training to facilitate workshops to be provided).
- Develop and implement a data management process and evaluation tool to record the activity of the pilot program and report on program outcomes.
- Engage with the broader community to increase awareness of carer supports and the Advanced Care Planning pilot program.
- Collaborate with the Palliative Care WA team, and in particular the Community Education Officer, regarding the development/collation of community resources required to support the delivery of this service.
- Contribute to the development of a marketing and communication strategy, led by the Marketing and Communication Officer at Palliative Care WA and in collaboration with Carers WA, to promote this pilot service.
For information on the Section Criteria and specific outputs and outcomes for this role, please download the ACP Support Officer Position Description HERE. Applications must be made via Seek at https://www.seek.com.au/job/54968652 by 5pm on Tuesday 30 November.
Comments are closed.