Palliative Care in WA Awards 2021
The biennial Palliative Care in WA Awards provide a unique opportunity to celebrate and showcase the professionalism, dedication, innovation and teamwork shown everyday by those who work in the palliative, aged care, community service and related sectors.
The awards acknowledge the efforts of those professionals and volunteers who care for people who are at end-of-life and offer public recognition of individuals, teams and organisations who provide holistic and compassionate support and care in all settings across WA.
This year we have simplified the initial nominations process. To nominate you need to fill out the official Award Nomination Form which asks you to address the following criteria.
How has the individual, team or organisation:
- Demonstrated excellence in the delivery of holistic palliative care and/or a compassionate community approach?
- Respectfully engaged with clients from Aboriginal and culturally diverse communities?
- Explored innovative approaches to delivering holistic palliative care and/or implementing a compassionate communities approach?
- Partnered and/or collaborated with individuals, teams, organisations and communities in the pursuit of holistic palliative care and/or a compassionate communities approach?
Three finalists will be chosen for each award category and then invited to provide additional information to support their nomination, including referee reports, client/community testimonials and other relevant material.
The winners will be announced at the Palliative Care in WA Awards 2021 Gala Dinner which will be held at Beaumonde on the Point on Thursday 4 November. To assist rural/regional finalists to attend the Gala Dinner, travel subsidies will be available. More information on the Gala Dinner will be announced soon.
- Outstanding palliative care professional working in any setting
- Outstanding palliative care volunteer working in any setting
- Outstanding organisation delivering holistic palliative care in any setting
- Outstanding metropolitan team delivering holistic palliative care in any setting
- Outstanding regional/rural team delivering holistic palliative care in any setting
- Outstanding Local Government Authority supporting a compassionate community approach
- Award Nominations Open on Monday 23 August 2021
- Award Nominations Close
on Friday 10 September 2021extended to Wednesday 15 September 2021
- Finalists Notified (3 per award) on Monday 20 September 2021
- Supporting Evidence from finalists close on Friday 8 October 2021
- Winners announced on Thursday 4th November 2021
Please read the Application Guidelines which outlines the whole awards process including eligibility, entry criteria, judging and prizes. You can download the guidelines and the forms below. If you have any questions please contact us on 1300 551 704 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application Guidelines – Palliative Care in WA Awards 2021
- Nomination Form – Palliative Care in WA Awards 2021
- Supporting Evidence form-Palliative Care in WA Awards 2021 (only to be completed by finalists)
Comments are closed.