Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
Phone: (08) 6457 2551
Service Provider Category
Counselling/pastoral care, Palliative care in hospital
Type of Service(s) offered
Inpatient palliative care beds, Outpatient unit, Psychosocial support (counselling, pastoral care, bereavement), Social worker
Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital Palliative Care Service is a consultancy service and outpatient clinic within an adult tertiary public hospital.
It provides comprehensive medical, nursing and allied health care based on the unique needs of the patient, carer and family when facing a life limiting prognosis including:
- symptom assessment and management
- addressing emotional and social concerns
- coordinating care from hospital to community
- providing quality care for patients towards the end of life
- assistance with clinical decision making
- bereavement support.
Assistance is provided with discharge, access to community inpatient beds and liaising with palliative care services in regional WA.
Access the full service summary from the WA Health website.