Metropolitan Palliative Care Consultancy Service (MPaCCS)
Phone: (08) 9217 1777
25 Queenslea Drive
Service Provider Category
Counselling/pastoral care, Education and training, Palliative care in residential aged care
Type of Service(s) offered
Advance care planning, Consultative service to Residential Aged Care Facility, Provide education and training, Psychosocial support (counselling, pastoral care, bereavement), Social worker
Bethesda Metropolitan Palliative Care Consulting Service is a multi-disciplinary palliative ambulatory consultancy team servicing facilities (residential care, correctional services, disability and mental health).
The team provides advice based on the unique needs of the patients, carer and family when facing a life-limiting prognosis including:
- capacity building – palliative care education for staff of facilities and services
- symptom assessment and management plan
- family/carer (including staff) – psycho-social assessment and support plan
- assistance with advance care planning
- liaising with GPs and other health care workers to improve capacity
- capacity building with facility staff around bereavement support.
Access the full service summary from the WA Health website.