Information and support
Palliative Care Information and Support Line
Providing the WA community with information and support on advance care planning, palliative care, and grief and loss
1800 573 299
The Palliative Care Information and Support Line is here to provide you with information, resources, and support on advance care planning, palliative care, and grief and loss. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff will also be able to offer information on appropriate support services for further assistance.
Who we help
We offer information and support to any member of the WA community who is dealing with palliative care or end of life issues.
That means you could be someone living with a chronic disease or terminal condition, or their carer, family member or friend. You and your support network may be dealing with a new diagnosis or have been living with a condition or chronic disease for many years. You may even be healthy but interested in planning ahead, so your family and healthcare providers know what you want at end of life.
Our staff will listen to your situation and concerns, answer your questions, and provide you with the information and support you need. All calls are completely confidential.
What we help with
We are here to offer information and support on advance care planning, palliative care and grief and loss. Here are just some examples of what you may be looking for.
- Understanding what is involved in advance care planning and how to go about it.
- Information on how to have conversations with your family about your end of life wishes.
- The locations and contact information for palliative care services in WA.
- Understanding what is involved in palliative care and what questions to ask your healthcare provider.
- Advice on where to go for resources and assistance as a carer.
- Information on appropriate support services and organisations available in WA.
- Information on palliative care, aged care, and grief and loss during COVID-19.
Please note that this service provides non-clinical information. For clinical or medical information and advice you need to talk to your doctor or healthcare provider.
How to contact us
The FREE Palliative Care Information and Support Line operates 9:00am to 4:30pm every day of the week.
For information and support on advance care planning, palliative care, and grief and loss please call us on 1800 573 299.
We are grateful for the insight and collaboration from our good friends at Carers WA as we established this phone service.
The Palliative Care Information and Support Line has been funded by WA Health Cancer and Palliative Care Network.