Sector Consultation – Joint Select Committee on Palliative Care in WA
As the palliative care peak body, Palliative Care WA will be making a submission to the Joint Select Committee on Palliative Care in Western Australia recently appointed by WA Parliament. To ensure we represent as many views within the sector and the community as possible, we are undertaking a consultative process.
- Wednesday 8 July
- 4:30 – 6:00pm
- Seminar Room at 15 Bedbrook Place Shenton Park
- Link to register https://pcwasectorconsultationpalliativecare.eventbrite.com.au
This forum will focus on the progress of palliative care in WA, and in particular the implementation progress of the recommendations made in the My Life, My Choice report resulting from the Joint Select Committee into End of Life Choices in 2017.
There will be a panel briefing followed by opportunity for participants to share information and raise issues they would like to see reflected in our submission.
Please note that we are strictly limited to a maximum of 30 people in the seminar room and will therefore also offer participation via zoom. You can nominate which way you wish to participate when you register on Eventbrite.
The Joint Select Committee on Palliative Care in Western Australia
The Joint Select Committee will be inquiring into and reporting on:
- the progress in relation to palliative care, in particular the implementation progress of the recommendations made in the My Life, My Choice report that came out of the Joint Select Committee into End of Life Choices;
- the delivery of the services associated with palliative care funding announcements in 2019–2020;
- the delivery of palliative care into regional and remote areas; and
- the progress on ensuring greater equity of access to palliative care services between metropolitan and regional areas.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.