Scarborough Advance Care Planning Community Workshop
This workshop is hosted by Liza Harvey MLA, Member for Scarborough
Over 80% per cent of Australians think it is important to put our end-of-life care treatment preferences into writing, but less than 10% of us have completed an advance care plan.
Come along to Palliative Care WA’s interactive community workshop to help you to plan ahead and so your family, friends and doctors will know you want if you could no longer speak for yourself.
Date: Thursday 6 September, 2018
Time: 6pm – 7.30pm
Please RSVP: Phone 9204 2777 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who should attend?
The workshop is open to all community members, regardless of age or health conditions.
What is covered
- What is Advance Care Planning?
- How to have a conversation about your end-of-life wishes with your family, loved ones and health care providers.
- Exploring your values and want you want at end of life
- What is palliative care and when should it be offered?
- Up to date information on Organ and Tissue Donation in WA
- How to make an Advance Health Directive, Enduring Powers of Guardianship and Attorney.