My Future Care (Safe Space) – Online Advance Care Planning Workshop
- Tuesday 29 June
- 10 – 11:30 am
- FREE online Safe Space workshop
- This workshop one of four being run by Palliative Care WA in June 2021. For information on all please download the flyer HERE.
We all want to have a say in what happens in the last part of our lives. By making plans that cover our care, lifestyle, health and finances, we work out what we want, as well as making things easier on those around us. This process is called Advance Care Planning.
Who should attend?
This a Palliative Care WA Safe Space Workshop. That means it is only open to people with a chronic condition or terminal illness, as well as those who care for family or friends with a chronic condition or terminal illness.
While the core information on Advance Care Planning is the same as other workshops, we recognise that some people will feel more comfortable sharing questions and concerns with those in similar circumstances… within a ‘safe space’. We respectfully ask anyone who does not fit into this group, to not register for any of our Safe Space Workshops.
What is covered?
This online workshop will cover information such as:
- Exploring what’s important to you now, and how your priorities might change in the future.
- How to have conversations about your end-of-life wishes with your family, loved ones and health care providers.
- What is involved in Advance Care Planning.
How does it work?
After you register, we will send you a resource pack that you need to participate in the workshop. This pack includes some tips on participating in online workshops. Early registration means the pack will be posted to you, otherwise we will email you the pack.
Closer to the workshop date we will email the Zoom link you need to access the workshop.
How do I register?
You can register for this workshop on Eventbrite: https://pcwa-myfuturecare-29june2021.eventbrite.com.au