Consultation – The critical role of carers in the delivery of palliative care
As the palliative care peak body, Palliative Care WA will be making a submission to the Joint Select Committee on Palliative Care in Western Australia recently appointed by WA Parliament. To ensure we represent as many views within the community as possible, we are undertaking several consultations with different groups, all via the online platform zoom.
- Tuesday 7 July
- 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Link to register https://pcwaconsultationpalliativecareroleofcarers.eventbrite.com.au
This online consultation aims to seek information on the critical role of carers in the delivery of palliative care services. There will be a briefing from Paul Rogers from Carers WA, followed by opportunity for participants to share information and raise issues regarding palliative care services they would like to see reflected in our submission.
Joint Select Committee on Palliative Care
The Joint Select Committee on Palliative Care in Western Australia will be inquiring into and reporting on:
- the progress in relation to palliative care, in particular the implementation progress of the recommendations made in the My Life, My Choice report that came out of the Joint Select Committee into End of Life Choices;
- the delivery of the services associated with palliative care funding announcements in 2019–2020;
- the delivery of palliative care into regional and remote areas; and
- the progress on ensuring greater equity of access to palliative care services between metropolitan and regional areas.
Everyone who registers for this event will be emailed the zoom link. For more information please contact us on email@example.com.