Advance Care Planning Workshop – Southcare Manning
Who will make decisions when you can’t? What treatments do you or don’t you want? Do you have a Care Plan in place?
If you do not have an answer for these questions then you should attend this free interactive workshop. Southcare will host Palliative Care WA to deliver this workshop which is designed to help you plan ahead and provide a plan that lets your family and health care providers know what you want as you age.
Over 80% per cent of Australians think it is important to put our end-of-life care treatment preferences into writing, but less than 5% of us have completed an advance care plan.
Who should attend?
The Advance Care Planning workshop is free and open to all community members, regardless of age or health conditions.
What is covered?
- What is Advance Care Planning?
- How to have a conversation about your end-of-life wishes with your family, loved ones and health care providers
- Exploring your values and what you want at end of life
- What is palliative care and when should it be offered?
- Organ and Tissue Donation
- How to make an Advance Health Directive, Enduring Powers of Guardianship and Attorney
Southcare will provide a light morning tea. Participants will also receive hard-copy information resources and handouts.
Register at http://info.southcare.org.au/goodtogo