WA Awards Finalists Announced
We are excited to announce the finalists have been chosen for the Palliative Care in WA Awards 2021 sponsored by Bethesda Health Care.
The quality of nominees was extremely high, with the judging panel commenting on the significant contribution to the sector shown across the board. The Outstanding Palliative Care Professional award was so competitive that the panel decided to select four finalists to go through to the next stage. They also selected one nominee as deserving of a Special Mention Award.
Each of the finalists have been invited to submit additional information to demonstrate and further address the selection criteria.
Award winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner for the Palliative Care in WA Awards 2021 sponsored by Bethesda Health Care on Thursday 4 November 2021. Tickets are now available at https://pcwa-2021awards-galadinner.eventbrite.com.au.
Congratulations to the following 2021 finalists
Outstanding Palliative Care Professional
- Andrew Allsop, Director Clinical Operations Palliative Care, Silver Chain Group
- Samar Aoun, Professor of Palliative Care Research, Perron Institute
- Dr Scott Blackwell, Medical Director, Collaborative Healthcare
- Grace Buchanan, Manager PaSCE, Cancer Council WA
- Special Mention Award to Karen Tierney, Armadale Kalamunda Group
Outstanding Palliative Care Volunteer
- Leanne O’Shea and Shelley O’Brian, South West Compassionate Community Network
- Dr Anna Petterson, Lasting Words
- Dr Sheila Twine, Local Friends Mandurah
Outstanding Organisation Delivering Holistic Palliative Care
- Albany Community Hospice
- Busselton Hospice Care
- Collaborative Healthcare
Outstanding Metropolitan Team Delivering Holistic Palliative Care
- Advanced Dementia Specialist Service Team at Silver Chain Group
- Community Vision Aged Care Team
- Metropolitan Palliative Care Consultancy Service (MPaCCS) at Bethesda Health Care
Outstanding Regional/Rural Team Delivering Holistic Palliative Care
- Geographe Bay Centre Team at Busselton Hospice Care
- South West Compassionate Communities Network
- South West Regional Palliative Care Team at WA Country Health Service
Outstanding Local Government Authority Supporting a Compassionate Community Approach
- City of Albany
- City of Cockburn
- City of Melville
Comments are closed.