Palliative Care WA has designed a range of community presentations and interactive workshops on Advance Care Planning.
These FREE workshops aim to help you to plan ahead and let your family and health care providers know what you would want, if you could no longer speak for yourself.
Who should attend?
The workshops open to all community members, regardless of age or health conditions.
What is covered?
- What is advance care planning?
- How to have a conversation about death and dying with your family, loved ones and health care providers.
- Exploring your values and want you want at end of life
- Palliative Care -What is palliative care and when should it be offered?
- Up to date information on organ and tissue donation in WA
- What are the health and lifestyle choices you can make at the end of life?
- How to make an Advance Health Directive, Enduring Power of Guardianship and Enduring Power of Attorney.
We get extremely positive feedback on our workshops with 76% of participants rating them as ‘very useful’, and 98% indicating they would recommend our workshops to family and friends. Here are just some of the comments received:
- “Thank you for the great information – so informative, well presented and free!”
- “Definitely recommend to friends and family.”
- ”Overall excellent, information was comprehensive. I got what I needed.”
- “What I need to do to ensure I am happy with my future.”
Want more information?
If you would like us to deliver an advance care planning presentation or workshop for your community, workplace or organisation, please download our information flyer here or contact us on email@example.com or 1300 551 704.
If you are interested in attending a workshop, please go to our events page for the latest list of scheduled workshops. While some workshops are for closed groups, many others are open to community members. Or you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or 1300 551 704 for more information.