Over 80% per cent of Australians think it is important to put our end-of-life care treatment preferences into writing, but less than 5% of us have completed an advance care plan.
Palliative Care WA has designed an interactive community workshop to help people to plan ahead and let their families and health care providers know what they would want if they could no longer speak for themselves.
Who should attend?
The workshop is free and open to all community members, regardless of age or health conditions.
What is covered:
- What is advance care planning?
- How to have a conversation about death and dying with your family, loved ones and health care providers.
- Exploring your values and want you want at end of life
- Palliative Care – What is palliative care & when should it be offered?
- Up to date information on Organ and Tissue Donation in WA
- What are the health and lifestyle choices you can make at the end of life?
- How to make an Advance Health Directive, Enduring Power of Guardianship and Enduring Power of Attorney.
What attendees say about our workshops:
“Thank you for the great information – so informative, well presented and free!”
“Definitely recommend to friends and family”
”Overall excellent, information was comprehensive. I got what I needed”
“What I need to do to ensure I am happy with my future”
Booking and Workshop details:
Mandurah Seniors Centre – Monday 26 February 9.30am – 1.30pm
Info and bookings: https://mandurah-acp-workshop-1.eventbrite.com.au
Serpentine Jarrahdale Community Resource Centre (Mundijong) – Thurs 15 March 9.30am – 1.30pm
Info and bookings: https://serpentinejarrahdale-acp-workshop.eventbrite.com.au
Boddington Shire Recreation Room – Thursday 22 March 9.30am – 1.30pm
Info and bookings: https://boddington-acp-workshop.eventbrite.com.au
Pinjarra Lesser Hall, Pinjarra Civic Centre – Tues 27 March 9.30am – 1.30pm
Info and bookings: https://pinjarra-acp-workshop.eventbrite.com.au
Waroona Community Resource Centre – Wed 12 April 10am – 2pm
Info and bookings: https://waroona-acp-workshop.eventbrite.com.au
Falcon eLibrary – Thursday 3 May 9.30am – 1.30pm
Info and bookings: https://mandurah-acp-workshop-2.eventbrite.com.au
For phone bookings contact your local shire or council or contact Palliative Care WA on 1300 551 704 email@example.com
The workshops are supported by Royalties for Regions through the Peel Development Commission