Online resources and publications
– a special area of Kings Park, Perth, designed for healing through nature for anyone dealing with grief and loss
– ehospice Australia is an online news and commentary website all about palliative and end of life care with an Australian focus, provided by Palliative Care Australia. The website also includes jobs, events and other listings.
– National Palliative Care Service Directory: an online search facility for Australian palliative care services, using a postcode or part of a service’s name.
– Australian resources and information designed for people dealing with the impact of life limiting illness, dying, death and bereavement as patients, families, carers and colleagues in the workplace
– the website for Palliative Care Australia, the peak body for end of life and palliative care – includes information about palliative care services, national projects and initiatives, policy and advocacy etc, and an opportunity to join the PCA Connect mailing list. Palliative care information pamphlets and other resources for the public and health professionals are available, some can be downloaded from the website.
– Australia’s palliative care knowledge network includes latest information for patients and families, health care providers and researchers
– the Palliative Care Victoria Resource Library can be searched online for resources about palliative care
– the Australian Palliative Care Foundation, which provides grants for palliative care research and education each year
– Igniting Change is an Australian not-for-profit organisation committed to igniting social change, and publisher of the excellent book: ‘Dying to know – Bringing death to life’
– the website for International Hospice Palliative Care Day, held in early October each year
– website for Palliative Care Nurses Australia
– website for the Australian and New Zealand Society of Palliative Medicine
- Palliative care associations in other Australian states: VIC – www.pallcarevic.asn.au , SA – www.pallcare.asn.au/ , QLD – www.palliativecareqld.org.au/ , NSW – palliativecarensw.org.au/site/ , TAS – www.tas.palliativecare.org.au/ , NT – www.nt.palliativecare.org.au/ , ACT – pallcareact.org.au/
– MyTribute is a Palliative Care Australia site for people to post a personal tribute honouring a loved one who has died and reflect on their final weeks. Tributes can be shared with family and friends. Information and support is accessible for people who know someone with a terminal illness and people wanting to know more about death and dying.
- www.digitalheritage.net.au – Digital Heritage is a resource to assist Australian consumers in the planning, maintenance, and transfer of their digital accounts and resources.
- www.tabr.com.au – The Australian Bereavement Register is a free service to stop direct mail being sent to a deceased person.
– Carers WA: the not-for-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of Western Australian carers
– The Health Consumers’ Council of WA – the independent body which brings a different and unique perspective to matters of health and public policy in WA
– Council On The Ageing WA – the peak non-profit seniors’ organisation in WA
– the Cancer Council WA is the leading non-government advocacy and action cancer charity in WA
– provides support, information, counselling, education and respite services for people dealing with the challenges of dementia throughout Western Australia
– the Motor Neurone Disease Association of Western Australia
– Aged Care Services WA – the peak body for not-for-profit residential and community-based aged care services
– the Western Australian Palliative Care Network is part of the Department of Health – their principle role is collaborative health care planning for the whole community
– the Australian Huntington’s Disease Association WA provides information about HD and support for those affected by this inherited condition
– the Australian Funeral Directors Association website has a Find a Funeral Director search using a postcode or some of the contact details of a funeral director
– environmentally friendly coffins and urns which funeral directors can order from the Perth-based company. The coffins fit the criteria for ‘natural burials’.
– the Continence Foundation of Australia promotes bladder and bowel health and provides. Continence information is available in 20 languages, including 17 fact sheets with audio translations and videos that encourage people to seek help.
– the International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care
– the Asia Pacific Hospice Palliative Care Network
– Palliative Care Network provides international, online lectures on palliative care topics
– The Institute for Palliative Medicine’s online International Palliative Care Resource Centre provides palliative care resources for health professionals, including Barry Ashpole’s Media Watch newsletters of international news and journal articles on hospice and palliative care matters.
– the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organisation (USA)
– the Canadian Hospice and Palliative Care Association – website in French and English
– a wide range of free resources about end of life care (USA)
– the National Council for Palliative Care (UK)
- Palliative Caring: Western Australian edition – free booklet published by Palliative Care WA about supporting a person at the end of life in the community in Western Australia. Click here to download your copy 2014), or call or fax our office on 1300 551 704 or email Contact Us to request your free copy.
- Numerous brochures and publications published by Palliative Care Australia are available for download from their website.