Palliative Care WA is the Western Australian peak body for palliative care – raising awareness and building capacity for the community to address life limiting conditions, death and dying, grief and loss.
All Western Australians with a life limiting condition and their families are supported to live, die and grieve well.
To inform, support and advocate for quality palliative care.
Palliative Care WA works collaboratively with service providers, government and the community.
We demonstrate compassion and respect for people with a life limiting condition and their families and work together with them to achieve our vision and mission.
We partner with Aboriginal and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people to promote their access to palliative care.
- Advocate for quality palliative care and support services for all Western Australians with life limiting conditions.
- Represent the needs of people with a life limiting condition and palliative care services to the Western Australian government and community.
- Promote the principles and practices of palliative care to enhance the community’s capacity to provide care and support for people with life limiting conditions.
- Advocate for palliative care education and training for all who provide care and support to people with life limiting conditions.
- Further the mission of the Association through cooperation and collaboration with key stakeholders working in palliative care.
- Act as an information resource about palliative care for organisations and services that provide care to people with a life limiting condition.
Palliative Care WA (Inc.) is a not-for-profit association incorporated under the Western Australian Associations Incorporation Act 1987 and a tax deductible gift receiving charity. Palliative Care WA receives no ongoing funding and relies on membership fees, donations, sponsorship and project funding to continue operating.
All donations over $2.00 are tax deductible. You can support Palliative Care WA with a donation using our online, secure donation form.
We are a founding member of Palliative Care Australia and a member of the WA Seniors Alliance. We support and are subject to the Western Australian Carers Charter.
Take a look at our 2013-2016 Strategic Plan (PDF 216 KB, 4 pages) and the Palliative Care WA Constitution (amended in 2015).
Join Palliative Care WA or renew your membership
We need your membership and support to be a strong peak body for the sector!
New memberships are available from 1 June 2017 for the new financial year.
A new online form to apply for membership is coming soon.
In the interim, please register your interest or direct inquiries to Vicki Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Committee 2017
Palliative Care WA is governed by an Executive Committee elected from the membership at the Annual General Meeting.
Palliative Care WA employs an Executive Officer, who reports directly to the Executive Committee.
|Stephanie Dowden – President|
|Dr Elissa Campbell – Vice President|
|Leticia Fraser – Honorary Treasurer|
|David Smeeton- Honorary Secretary|
|Associate Professor Moira O’Connor|
|Dr Desmond Williams|
|Lana Glogowski – Executive Officer|
|15 May 1986||incorporated as Hospice Support Organisation of Western Australia Inc|
|01 September 1988||name change to Western Australian Association of Palliative Care/Hospice Programmes Inc|
|04 September 1991||name change to Western Australian Hospice Palliative Care Association Inc|
|02 July 1999||name change to Palliative Care Western Australia Inc|